Downtown Raleigh neighborhood automotive repair shop is seeking an Automotive Technician for its Boylan Heights location.
• Repair vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to specification in a timely manner
• Perform work outlined on maintenance and repair orders with efficiency to ensure customer satisfaction
• Conduct extensive diagnostic procedures to determine the sources of customers’ problems and provide accurate repair recommendations.
• Provide labor and time estimates for additional automotive repairs
• Inspect vehicles according to the state’s requirements for emissions and safety
• Able to explain mechanical problems and needed repairs to Service Advisors and vehicle owners in a non-technical manner
• Maintain a working knowledge of current industry best practices in automotive repair
• Inspect and test new vehicles and recording findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
• Maintain legible and accurate paperwork for both the customer and for the shop records
• Clean and maintain the work environment to ensure equipment longevity and workplace safety
• Stable Auto Mechanic work history; minimum of 3 year’s experience required
• ASE certifications preferred
• Team oriented, flexible and focused on maintaining a high level of customer service
• Ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission, electrical, steering, suspension, brakes, and AC systems
• Working knowledge of shop equipment such as wheel and tire equipment, alignment system, diagnostic equipment, AC equipment, etc.)
• Hold a valid driver's license
• Competitive wages
• 2 Weeks paid vacation & 5 paid holidays